CES provides oversight of the programs for construction cost estimating and budgeting, estimates overall construction costs, manages the value management program, and provides estimating support.
Our activities include:
- Providing budgetary cost estimates and support for a variety of customers,
programs, and initiatives, including major, minor, NRM, and lease projects.
- Developing policy and requirements for budgetary construction cost
estimates, budgeting, benchmarking, risk analysis, value engineering and projections.
- Providing guidance and oversight of programs for construction cost
estimating, benchmarking, and cost escalation.
- Monitoring national and local construction market conditions and trends for
impacts to construction costs and provides guidance on the impact to
The below Cost Guides and Guidelines are shared openly for use.
- Manual for Preparation of Cost Estimates
- Tri-Service Modified Uniformat - universal cost estimating format template
- Worksheet for Cost Model - Budget Tracking
- Worksheet for Budget Tracking by Phase
- State Homes Cost Guide - prepared October 2019
Note: VAMC, VBA, and NCA Cost Guides have been moved to the CFM Intranet site for VA use only.