Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Office of Construction & Facilities Management » Technical Information Library » Design Criteria » SEISMIC DESIGN INFORMATION
Office of Construction & Facilities Management
SEISMIC DESIGN INFORMATION
TIL Feedback - we welcome your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Seismic Safety of VA Buildings - VA Directive 7512
- H-18-8 Seismic Design Requirements (Structural) (version update 11/1/2019)
- Summary of Changes (minor revision 05/01/2020)
- VA Seismic Risk Definitions
- Advisory Committee on Structural Safety of VA Facilities (updated 11/1/2021)
- A/E Submission Instructions for Seismic Upgrade Projects, Volume F, PG-18-15
Seismic Information - Frequently Asked Questions
Situations Requiring Seismic Evaluation & Mitigation
At a minimum, a building should be evaluated and unacceptable risk mitigated when any one of the triggers in Section 2.4 of H-18-8 Seismic Design Requirements occurs.